My name is Petr Kungurtsev. I live in Cambridge, UK.
I do software engineering and science, and a bit more. I code in Python, use Postgres and InfluxDB, and occasionally write in JS (Node / React) for web stuff. I encourage rapid iterative feedback from both users and the team, and praise all types of criticism.
Currently I work as a Senior Software Engineer at Secondmind.
Previously I worked as a Scientific Software Developer at Enthought, where I
- Together with product owners, scientists, and engineers identify business objectives and priorities,
- Build services and applications to support collection, retrieval and analysis of data in research workflows,
- Produce high-level reports and documentation for clients and internal projects,
- Analyse scientific and technological opportunities, prepare delivery roadmap, and propose new work directions in an agile manner.
I am open to collaboration with groups and individuals who want to transform their research ideas into innovative products, and scale them.
I hold a PhD in Engineering from the University of Cambridge, where I worked on adjoint-based optimization for acoustic and inkjet devices. I got my undergraduate and masters degree in Physics at Novosibirsk State University with 5.0/5.0 GPA.
I am interested in the following fields of research:
- Automatic differentiation, adjoint-based sensitivity analysis, and optimization
- Modelling of multi agent systems (applied to stock market, in particular)
- Physics informed deep learning